Fresh ingredients, hearty conversation.
Each day, our menu features incredible options inspired by local and international flavors. Meticulously planned by our chef, sous chef, and on-site registered dietitian, menus balance nutrition with temptation and run the gamut with a variety of cuisines including American, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American, German and more.
Delicious possibilities every day
- Continental breakfast
- Lunch and dinner options with daily specials and salad bar
- Booth and table dining for a single guest or group
- Indoor and outdoor seating
- Mosaics bistro and fine dining at The Grove
- Special occasion buffets with carving stations, a variety of food options, and desserts
- Happy Hour with wine and beer in the Red Chair Lounge
Dining options are available for residents with dietary restrictions.
Where would you like to go?
Whether you’re looking to get to an appointment or run a local errand, we have transportation options to get you there. Trips around Orange County and out to regional highlights are available regularly.
Easy trips to local conveniences
- Grocery stores
- Shopping centers
- Churches, temples, or synagogues
Explore the surrounding attractions around Anaheim
- Angel Stadium
- Center Street
- Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center
- Anaheim Founders’ Park
- Buena Park Historical Society
- Downtown Disney
Your favorite furry companions.
Pets are part of your life, so they’re a welcome part of our community. Together, you and your small dog or cat can enjoy our beautiful campus, whether you choose to take it all in over long walks through four roaming acres or from your favorite window vista. Be sure to ask about our pet policy when you visit.
Together, you can enjoy:
- Colorful gardens and shady areas
- Walkways on which to meet other furry friends
- Strolls around the friendly village
Surrounded by friends
With dozens of groups, there’s something for everyone at Walnut Village. Residents run the Book Nook library and the Food Committee. Those seeking the limelight can find it within the Chorale or the Birthday Show Performing Arts Group. Book Club and Investment Club bring hobbyists together, while the Hospitality Club makes everyone feel welcome.
We have dozens of resident-led clubs and weekly events
- Hobby Shop
- Hospitality Club
- Book Club
- Sunshine Committee
- Bridge Club
- Investing Club
- Game show nights
- Numerous card games
Outings to local hot spots and regional highlights
- Honda Center
- Downtown Disney
- City National Grove
- Amazing Cakes Anaheim
- Anaheim Garden Walk
The best you can be.
Walnut Village Retirement Community offers whole-body fitness for wellbeing. Exercise your mind and body with yoga, meditation, stretching, or tai chi. Invigorate your every day at our Fitness and Aquatic Center with machine weights and a large open area for exercise programs. Go solo, or enjoy a group experience at one of our instructor-led classes. There’s even a 60-meter saltwater pool—and it’s heated, so you can jump right in.
Try your hand at an exercise class
- Sit, stretch, flex, and balance
- Mobility classes
- Tai chi
- Abs and back classes
- Line dancing
- Water aerobics
- Chair exercises
- Seated volleyball
- Lap swimming, aqua walking, and water aerobics
The Wellness Clinic offers
- Health counseling
- Vital signs checkup
- Medication ordering and self-administration
- Medical appointment arrangement
- First-aid treatment for minor injuries
Cultivate interests and ideas.
Here, people seek out ways to engage with their passions and discover new ideas. Local experts and visiting professors regularly lecture on topics ranging from the arts and innovation to current events. Our resident-run library, the Book Nook, is a wellspring of knowledge with everything from literature to the latest reports.
Pursue new passions or hone acquired skills
- Discussion groups on art and music
- Lectures by visiting and resident experts
Embrace the arts
Art not only fills life with purpose and inspiration, it brings people and ideas together. That’s why the arts are a priority here. At Clay’s art studio, residents come together to express themselves in all manner of media, and we host a schedule of performances and events at the Walnut Village Performing Arts Center.
Enjoy a range of artistic experiences
- Regularly scheduled drawing, painting, sculpting and other art classes at Clay’s
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Drumming circle
- Needles and Thread Group/Quilting Group
- Flower arranging class
A place to get a quick trim or a thank you gift. A central location to pick up your mail. A place for a cup of coffee, tea, beer or wine with friends. These are the little things that make a big difference, turning daily errands into easy things to check off your to-do list.
Neighborhood conveniences around Walnut Village:
- The Strand salon and barber shop
- The Nutshell (a store for sundries, gifts and treasures)
- Wood shop
- The Post
- Mosaics bistro
- Red Chair Lounge